VuPoint Solutions Inc & VuPoint (Europe) Co. Limited, its registered trademarks including but not limited to “Toucan” (herein referred to as “VuPoint” "us", "we", or "our") is the owner and operator of this web site (herein the "Site") and of this App (herein the “App”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, storage and processing of the Personal Information we receive from users of the Site and the App, and customers of VuPoint.
By using this Site and/or the App, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with these policies.
VuPoint is a corporation registered in the USA and the United Kingdom is subject to the Data Protection Laws of that country, and in particular the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) passed by the Member States of the European Union (EU) and that came into effect on the 25th May 2018.
However, it must be noted that its customers, the users of the Site and of the App, are based worldwide and, as such, Personal Information about them is also collected, stored and processed, and shared by and between our Affiliates, Subsidiaries, Agents and third party representatives of VuPoint based in other countries. Accordingly, in order to protect the interests of all its customers VuPoint has taken steps to ensure compliance with the Data Protections Laws currently in force in those jurisdictions where components of its operations are based.
This Privacy Notice describes the type of Personal Information we collect, how it is collected and processed through the Site and the App, and the websites of our Affiliates and Subsidiaries, and through other sources, and the extent to which it is shared.
This Privacy Notice further points out your rights under law and our obligations in respect of the secure handling of the Personal Information it receives from you. These obligations extend to the appointments of Controllers of Personal Information and individuals with specific responsibility for the protection of Personal Information (under GDPR termed “Data Protection Officers”) and to the implementation of systems and procedures designed to safeguard Personal Information to the fullest extent possible.
The Services – the services provided by VuPoint including our web site and our App, our products and support services, and the services of our Affiliates, Subsidiaries, Agents and third party representatives.
Data Subjects - the individual customers of the above Services and users of our web site and our App.
The Provisions of the Data Protection Policy Adopted by VuPoint
In accordance with the provisions of GDPR and other Data Protection Laws currently in force in other countries, VuPoint has adopted a Data Protection Policy that includes the following:
- The material scope will include automated / electronic storage and processing of personal data and paper files and archives;
- Archives are to be regularly checked to ensure information is not being held unnecessarily;
- Consentof the data subject will be obtained and freely given. Such consent must be specific, informed and an unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes;
- Data collected will be specific. The purpose of the business necessitates the collection of specific information about a data subject. Only data that is essential for the business purpose will be obtained and processed;
- Any requests from data subjects about the information held on them will be documented and include the nature of the request and the response given, and a response to such a request will be given within one month;
- Personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for a specific, explicit and legitimate purpose
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Retained only for as long as necessary
- Processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security
Notwithstanding any disparity between the Data Protection Laws of different countries, the Data Protection Policy adopted by VuPoint includes recognition of the rights afforded to you under GDPR. These include:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights in respect of automated decision making and profiling
Controllers of Personal Information
The Controllers of Personal Information received from users of the Site and the App, and customers of VuPoint are:
VuPoint Solutions Inc – USA
VuPoint (Europe) Company Ltd – United Kingdom
In addition, the following company has access to user data:
Qmulux Technology Limited – Hong Kong
Data Protection Officers (or persons with responsibility for Data Protection by other titles) are located at the offices of all the above Controllers of Personal Information.
What Personal Information About Customers Does VuPoint Collect?
As mentioned above, we will only require information from you that is ‘specific’. The purpose of our business necessitates the collection of specific information about you, therefore, only data that is essential for our business purpose will be obtained and processed.
Personal Information will be gathered from several sources and at different points, namely when you:
- Search for products or services;
- Place an order;
- Download, stream, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application on a device;
- Provide information in any account you open with us;
- Configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with your device or any other Service;
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- Upload images, videos or other files.
The above actions may require you to supply us with such information as:
- Your full name;
- Mailing address, email address and phone number; phone type and device ID email of the user you share to;
- Phone number in phone contact list;
- User ID (email address) and password;
- Payment information, credit card details, credit history information (not applicable when using the App);
- Your age (not applicable when using the App);
- Your location information, time-zone;
- Your router ID and password;
- Contents of e-mails to us;
- Questionnaire feedback;
- Images and video stored in connection with the Services;
- Information and documents regarding identity and standing;
- Corporate and financial information (not applicable when using the App);
- VAT numbers (not applicable when using the App);
- Subscription information. e.g payment method (in-App Apple Pay or Google Pay), subscription name, order ID, amount, validity, etc.
Further, we may obtain additional information and non-personal information from third party providers. We may receive information about you from other sources that help us update, expand and analyse our records and identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
You may give us information about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact information of someone else. We will only use this information for the specific reason you provide it to us.
Some of our digital properties may collect your location to help you with the purchase process on our Site and the App. In order for any mobile application to identify your location, you must enable location services through your mobile device’s setting. If you do not want VuPoint to collect this information or to enable these features, you can turn off location services on your mobile device. VuPoint has no control over your device’s settings.
Note: You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Services.
Information received automatically
Examples of the information we collect automatically and analyse include:
- Log Data;
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Login; e-mail address; password; log out time;
- The location of your device or computer;
- Content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- Device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- The full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- Phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
- We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Information From Other Sources
We might receive information about you from other sources, for example:
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties;
- Information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries; and
- Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we may use, as circumstances dictate and to the extent permissible by law, to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers;
- Account ID and token when you use other services such as Alexa or Google;
- Phone ID and token for you receiving push notifications from Apple or Google.
For What Purposes Does VuPoint Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information in order to operate, provide, and improve the Services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and to communicate with you about orders, products and services, and from time to time such promotional offers that we feel you will may be interested in.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve VuPoint Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of Services.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to our Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, or email).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, VuPoint and its Affiliates, Subsidiaries, Agents and third parties representatives, and others. Should circumstances dictate, and to the extent permissible by law, we may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we will communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- Provide after-sales and customer services. We may access your personal information through an internal CMS system to gain an understanding of your account and device status in order to diagnose and solve any problems you may experience during your use of our products.
Who Does VuPoint Share Your Personal Information With?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and under no circumstances would we sell our customers' personal information to others, or share it with any other third party that is not related to the Services we offer. We will only share customers' information under the circumstances described below and with Affiliates, Subsidiaries, Agents and third party representatives approved by VuPoint.
It should be noted that all Affiliate, Subsidiaries and Agents are subject to the same Data Protection Laws, Policies and Procedures as described herein, and all third party representatives are thoroughly vetted to ensure they meet the highest possible standards in respect of data protection.
Transactions Involving Third Parties
You can order VuPoint products from third parties through retail websites and download applications from third-party application providers. We share customer information related to those transactions with those third parties.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- For the Protection of VuPoint and Others: We will only release account and other personal information when we believe such release is either appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of VuPoint, our users, customers, Affiliates, Subsidiaries and Agents or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, we shall provide you with advance notice whenever personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will be given an opportunity to request that the information is not so shared.
How Secure Is The Personal Information Held By VuPoint?
Our systems are designed to afford you the highest level of security and privacy.
- The security of your information during transmission is assured by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
- We also combine many other encryption methods to ensure your personal data is transferred safely, including MD5, AES, random token, etc.
- Access authentication is also controlled. All App accounts and hardware are embedded with a unique authentication code, which cannot be accessed externally. Only App and hardware can use those codes to communicate with the server or each other, to further ensure security.
- Streaming and video files are transferred with encryption. Your streams and videos are all transferred through the Cloud with dynamic encoding. The App also requires dynamic decoding.
- Storage security: your files, such as videos and pictures, are stored in the Cloud with strict access authority, which is provided by the AWS platform. The App also needs a parsing dynamic secret key to download your files. Your sensitive personal data is also saved in the Cloud with encryption.
- Strict authority management in the Cloud: We use the many security tools and instruments available with AWS to ensure the Cloud environment cannot be hacked externally. For your personal data, this cannot be accessed other than when you exercise your rights to modify your data.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We operate and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures are such that we will automatically request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorised access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them according to your individual needs.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our website links to other websites, many of which have their own privacy policies. We have no responsibility for linked websites. We would recommend you review their privacy policies. You may at any time request that marketing material and promotional emails cease to be sent to you, and that you no longer wish to receive direct mail and mobile marketing communications.
In addition, you can update and correct your personal information and deactivate your account.
Social Media Features
What Information Am I Able To Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, household settings, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
How Can I Object To The Collection And Processing Of My Information?
If you have any questions or objections to how we collect and process your personal information, you may contact our Customer Service Department, the details of which are given below.
As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Services.
Accessing Your Personal Information
- You can amend or update certain information by accessing Your Account;
- You can request or refuse emails or other communications from us by accessing the Customer Communication Preferences filed in Your Account;
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
- In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact our Customer Service Department.
Information You Can Access
The below list comprises examples of the information you can access through the Site and Your Account, and in some cases through the App:
- Status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- Your complete order history (not available through the App/Cloud);
- Personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalised advertising preferences, address book and 1-Click settings);
- Payment settings (in accordance with Apple/Google rules);
- Content that you recently viewed (not available through the App/Cloud).
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary in order to enable your continued use of the Services, and for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice. In addition, your Personal Information will be kept as may be required by law, such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you.
Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concerns or questions, then please contact our Customer Service Department at:
710 Nogales Street, City of Industry, CA 91755 - USA
1 Devon Way, Longbridge, Birmingham, B31 2TS – United Kingdom
Via telephone on +1-888-788-6888
Email us: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact us using the interactive mini programs that run on our website. These are termed “Widgets”. These features may collect information such as your IP address.
Our business changes constantly and therefore our Privacy Notice will also change. You should frequently check our website to see what recent changes have been made. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all the information provided by, and that we have about you and your account to date.
We will never make material changes to our policies and practices that will be detrimental to your rights or that will otherwise make them less protective of the information provided by you at any time.
Change Of Ownership
In the event a change of ownership (including through bankruptcy), or merger, acquisition or sale of assets with any other entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of the Personal Information, including Log Data, to such separate entity and will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of the same through email communications.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield / European Data Transfers
VuPoint Solutions Inc. participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland.
For our individual users and customers whose use of our websites and Apps results in the transfer of personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland to non-EEA countries, we rely on one or more of the following legal mechanisms:
- The EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
- The Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
- Standard Contractual Clauses, and
- The consent of the individual.
As explained above, we sometimes provide personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf. If we transfer personal information received under the Privacy Shield to a third party, the third party's access, use, and disclosure of the personal data must also be in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, and we will remain liable under the Privacy Shield for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
We may be required to disclose personal information that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have a question or complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, please contact us.
Last Updated: Oct 21, 2019